Brooklyn Chronicles #1 - Free Agency

on Friday, January 28, 2011

Brooklyn employs every trick in the book to avoid going to sleep at night, and when those tricks don't work, she creates her own tricks to add to the book. The other night after 'lights out' Brooklyn asked if I would stay and talk with her for a couple of minutes. I obliged, and eventually we got to talking about some of my experiences in college. The kid is good, and somehow knows how much I like to reminisce about those days. Anyhow, further down the conversation I asked Brooklyn, "Where do you think you'll want to go to college when you're older?" Her quick response was, "BYU". As pleased as I was with her response, I couldn't help but notice a look of confusion come across Brooklyn's face as she followed with, "Wait a minute. Do you mean I get to choose?"

We then discussed how, outside of college, she'll never be allowed to live outside our house. Brooklyn wasn't buying that, telling me that eventually she'll get married and have her own house. Thankfully, she continued, "But don't worry Dad, I'll get a house in the same neighborhood, maybe just down the street."

0 comments:

Post a Comment