Disney World vs. Disneyland

on Thursday, June 4, 2009

I spoke with my sister this afternoon, and she referred to the NBA Finals as Disney World vs. Disneyland. Though I hadn't thought about it in that light prior to that conversation, I should have seen this one coming given the amount of conspiracies of which the NBA is often accused. Admittedly I got caught up rooting against (would praying against be taking it too far?) a Lakers/Cavaliers Finals so as to be spared the Kobe/LeBron massive hind parts kiss fest that would inevitably ensue. I should have recognized a Lakers/Magic matchup as an acceptable 'plan B' should something go awry and the NBA not wind up with its coveted Kobe/LeBron showdown. Sure, the Magic doesn't demand the viewership that the LeBrons do, but I'm sure that somewhere in the underground tunnel that connects Magic Kingdom, CA to Magic Kingdom, FL a deal was made between David Stern and Walt Disney's frozen remains that would be mutually beneficial. I'm no conspiracy theorist, I just read that which is written on the wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Kobe and I hate the lakers. Now I know that hate is a strong word but in this case I actually mean it. To your point, I'm happy that Lebron is not in the finals. I'm also happy that i do not have to listen to the comparisons about whether Lebron/Kobe are better than Jordan.

The fact of the matter, is that no one will ever be better than Jordan to me. And ..... And...... Jordan was the first guard in the history of the NBA team to "lead" a team to the promised land. Before Jordan is was though inconceivable that a guard could lead a team to a title without a solid big man. Kobe has not done it as he had Shaq. And even now Gasol is probably one of the best 5 big men in basketball.

James

The State of Our Family said...

I would be rooting for Orlando anyway, but when it comes to Disney, MAGIC always trumps LAKES! :)

Post a Comment